I love seabass, it is my favorite fish to cook with, however it is super hard to get where I live in Canada. If I am lucky the only place I have found it is frozen at Costco and they rarely have it there either. This is my favorite dish to make when I can get some. The fish with the creamy peas and new potatoes is such a delicious combo.
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 2.5 syns per serving
- 2 seabass fillets
- 200g of fresh shelled English peas
- vegetable stock (just enough to cover peas)
- 3 Laughing Cow lights (4.5 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Season the seabass fillets with some salt and black pepper.
- Add the peas to a frying pan and add some stock (just enough to lightly cover), bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for approx 5 mins. *(they will turn a nice bright green colour).
- One by one add the laughing cow lights into the peas and whisk until they melt and start to make a thick creamy sauce. Mash the peas with a fork or you can add to a food processor and give a few spins of the blade.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil and add the seabass fillets (skin side down) and fry until skin is crisp, flip over and fry the other side until lightly golden.
- Serve on top of the mashed peas with your choice of sides. I served mine with some sauteed spinach and new potatoes.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.