This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns and 1 HEa per serving
- 1 cup (240ml) of arboria rice
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 chicken thighs (any visible fat removed), chopped into bitesize pieces
- 30g (1oz) of sun-dried tomatoes (1 syn)
- some sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 cups (960ml) of chicken stock
- 160g (6oz) of Feta cheese (4xHEa’s)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (4 syns)
- black pepper
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the red pepper and garlic cloves to a oven proof dish. Add the olive oil and mix well to evenly coat. Place in the oven and roast until softened (approx 40mins).
- Remove from oven, and crush roasted garlic cloves with the back of a fork and finely chopped the roasted red pepper with a knife.
- Place the stock in a small saucepan over a low heat and add the sprig of Thyme.
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil.
- Add the onion, sun-dried tomato and chicken pieces and cook until chicken is slightly golden. Add the chopped roasted red pepper and crushed roasted garlic cloves and season with a little black pepper.
- Mix in the arborio rice and then gradually start adding your stock a few ladles at a time, stir constantly until liquid is absorbed before repeating the process of adding more stock until all your stock is absorbed and rice is creamy, but still has a slight bite.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top each bowl with a Healthy Extra serving of Feta cheese and a few of the leaves from a fresh thyme sprig.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.