Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 1.5 syns per serving
NOTE: For those in the UK you will need to replace the fat free cream cheese with the UK HEa equivalent, the same goes for any variations in other HEa servings
- 500g of white fish (skin and bones removed), cut into bite size pieces
- 800g of white potatoes (or you can use a mixture of white and sweet, or carrot for variation)
- chicken stock
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- small pinch of nutmeg
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 115g/(4oz) fat free cream cheese (1 HEa)
- 1 cup (240ml) of semi skimmed milk (1 HEa)
- 1 cup (240ml) of fish stock
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter (this gives a lovely buttery flavour, but you can omit if you prefer) (5 syns)
- ½ cup/120ml of frozen peas
- ½ cup/120ml of frozen sweetcorn
- 2 eggs
- 60g/(2oz) cheddar cheese (2 HEa's)
- salt and black pepper
- low calorie spray
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, just cover with some chicken stock, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until they easily fall apart with a fork.
- Drain stock and mash until smooth, stir in the two eggs.
- Spray a pan with some low calorie spray, add the onion and gently fry to soften.
- Add the butter, cream cheese, milk, fish stock, nutmeg and parsley and whisk until you have a smooth sauce.
- Season with salt and black pepper as needed.
- Add the white fish, and continue to simmer, just until fish starts to go white (no longer translucent)
- Remove from heat and add to an oven proof dish
- Add the peas and sweetcorn
- Top with the potatoes and gently spread across evenly with the back of a fork.
- Top with the cheddar and bake in the oven for approx. 40 mins, until cheese on top is melted and lightly golden.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.