I’ve been enjoying creating different types of fritters or patties lately. It is a great way to get in some extra veg.
I have served these on the side with soup, topped with a homemade sour cream mixed with finely chopped spring onion and have even topped with eggs for breakfast. They would be awesome with a homemade burger pattie served between two or just as they are with a mixed salad.
How will you serve yours?
This recipe is Slimming World, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Paleo, and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving
Green – 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving
- ¾ cup of cooked mashed white potato
- ¾ cup of cooked mashed sweet potato (I just pierce a medium size of each potato and put in the microwave for about 8 mins till soft, allow to coo, mash and measure as needed)
- half an onion, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 4x28g of cheddar (4xHEa's), grated
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch (3.5 syns)
- 2 eggs
- salt and black pepper to season
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with some spray oil.
- Add the onion and fry for a few minutes till translucent.
- Add the carrot and garlic and fry for a further few mins.
- Add to a bowl the potatoes, zucchni, cheddar, eggs, tapioca starch and sauted onion, carrot and garlic.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- Mix all together with a spatula.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, and roughly form the mixture into 12 equal sized patties and place on the tray (mixture will be quite wet, but will firm together when cooked)
- Spray over the top with spray oil and bake in the oven for approx 20-30 mins until firm and golden.
- Serving suggestion: mix some greek yoghurt with lemon, juice, seasoning and sliced spring onion and serve this alongside the patties.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
per serving (4 patties)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.