Oh yes these really are Slimming World friendly Mini Oreo Baked Cheesecakes
I was browsing some food pictures on pinterest, when I came across this recipe for : Oreo Cookie Cupcakes. I could of literally of licked the screen they looked so nice.
Oreo's are a bit of a weakness for me, and here in Canada we get so many different flavours, including candy cane ones at christmas and pumpkin ones for the Fall - yum!!
However looking at the picture of these yummy Oreo Cookie Cupcakes, I just knew I wouldn't be able to stop at just one, so figured I would just have to come up with a low syn Slimming World version
and these low syn Mini Oreo Baked Cheesecakes are delicious!! and as they are only 3.5 syns each, it means you can enjoy 2 or even 3 and still be within your daily syns.
I bake them in these little silicone muffin cases
Regular paper muffin cases will work fine too, I just like that these are reusable.
To sweeten these Mini Oreo Baked Cheesecakes, I like to use Sukrin: 1 which is a great natural tasting sweetener. I have tried many different types of sweetener in the past trying to find one that is natural and tastes natural and I think this is it. I usually just use some syns on honey or maple syrup, but it’s nice to know I can now use this and reduce the syns even further. Instead of sukrin you can use any sweetener of choice of course. But I can't recommend sukrin enough, it tastes so good in baked goods and is by far the best tasting natural sweetener I have found.
Click here if you live in the UK: Sukrin UK
Click here if you live in the USA: Sukrin USA
NOTE: For those in the USA and Canada there is now also a similar sweetener called Swerve that comes in a white granulated sweetener and an icing sugar, that are natural and like Sukrin, have no aftertaste. Unfortunately they don't carry a brown sugar version, but the white granulated is on par with Sukrin.
For those in Canada - Swerve can be purchased at most loblaws stores in the health food section.
Also don’t forget that Slimming World have recently made some changes to sweeteners and any time you use a tablespoon or more, it should be synned at 0.5 syns per tablespoon, this is to protect your weight loss.
These Mini Oreo Baked Cheesecakes should keep a couple of day in the fridge, mine never last more than a few days.
- 300ml/1.25 cups of Quark
- ¼ cup of sukrin:1 (or other sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 8 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 135c or 275f
- Line half a 12 space muffin tray with paper muffin cases. Place one Oreo cookie in each case.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Quark and splenda until smooth. Then add the vanilla essence and slowly whisk in the egg.
- Add the two remaining Oreo cookies to a food bag, and bash until they are in small crumbs.
- Add this to the quark mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into each individual muffin case equally and baked in the oven for approx 25 mins (filling should be set). Allow to cool and then refrigerate for approx 4 hours at least before serving.
- These are yummy and I can’t wait to try some more variations on these.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Amount Per Serving Calories 109.7Total Fat 3.7gSaturated Fat 1.1gCholesterol 33.1mgSodium 253.6mgCarbohydrates 12.7gFiber 0.4gSugar 7.6gProtein 6.9g