These are huge favorite in my house, whenever I make them I can guarantee there will be clear plates all around. I normally line the crispy toast basket with ham, but have also done these with some grated cheese instead as part of my healthy extra a choice. I usually serve with a side bowl of homemade fruit salad, but they are also yummy with some grilled tomatoes or sauteed spinach. These are also great cold for lunches boxes or packed lunches for days out.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb per serving
Original – 1 HEb per serving
Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEb per serving (omit the ham, can add some cheese from your healthy extra a choice, or just add the egg)
Variation: whisk up some eggs with some fillings and use the toast baskets as a mini quiche crust
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread (120g/4oz with crusts removed) (2 HEb’s)
- 4 small eggs
- 4 thin slices of ham
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- fresh parsley or chives
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray four holes on a muffin tray with some spray oil and push a slice of bread well down into each hole, so you have a kind of bread basket. Spray over the top with some more spray oil and place in the oven and bake until lightly golden and crisp.
- Remove from oven, line each toast basket with a slice of ham (I fold the ham in half and then make a kind of open flower), crack an egg into each basket and bake until egg is cooked to your liking.
- Season with salt and black pepper and a sprinkle of fresh chopped chives or parsley.
- For a variation, line the toast baskets with some grated cheese from your Healthy extra a choice before cracking in the egg.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.