Syn Free Chinese Chicken Curry
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - syn free per serving (using vegetable stock and replace chicken with additional veg of choice)
- SP/Original - syn free per serving (when served with an SP friendly side)
- WW Smart Points - 0
- Gluten Free - use a gluten-free soy sauce, like Tamari
For the sauce:
- 100g (3.5oz) of onion, chopped
- 150g (5.5oz) of zucchini (courgette), chopped
- 150g (5.5oz) of butternut squash, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of grated ginger root
- 1.5 tbs of curry powder (I used hot or medium, depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tbs of soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp of Chinese five spice
- 3 cups (720ml) of chicken stock
- spray oil
For the curry:
- 450g (1lb) of chicken breast, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of frozen peas
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the onion, zucchini and butternut squash and fry for 2-3 mins to soften.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the curry powder, Chinese five spice, tomato paste and soy sauce and stir to coat.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Add sauce to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Spray frying pan with spray oil, add chicken and fry for approx 5 mins until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Spray frying pan again with spray oil, add the onion and green pepper and fry for 2 mins.
- Add back in chicken, pour in the sauce, stir to coat, add peas, bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for about 5 mins, till chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.7 g
Saturated Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 389 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16.7 g
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 30.1 g
Recipe by Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes at https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/syn-free-chinese-chicken-curry