Syn Free Carrot and Butter Bean Soup | Slimming World
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Green/Vegan - syn free per serving
- SP- syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 0
*suitable for freezing
- 1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots (approx 500g/17.5oz), sliced thinly
- 1 (400g/14oz) tin of butter beans, drained
- 4 cups (960ml) of vegetable stock
- salt and black pepper to season
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- a handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- spray oil
- Spray a large saucepan with spray oil and add the onion and fry until softened.
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the fennel seed into a powder.
- Add this to the pot, along with the carrots and tomato paste and mix to evenly coat.
- Add the stock and season with some salt and black pepper, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for approx 30 mins
- Add about 3/4 of the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the butter beans and fresh parsley and continue to simmer for about 5 mins.
- Serve and enjoy
Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker
- Set to saute mode, once hot, spray with spray oil and add the onion and fry to soften.
- Add in the fennel, tomato, paste, carrots and stock, and stir to combine.
- Add lid, and set to manual, high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When time is up, Quick release the pressure.
- Blend 3/4 of the soup in a blender.
- Add back to the Instant Pot, along with the butter beans and parsley, set to saute and let simmer for about 5 mins.
- Serve and enjoy
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0.4 g
Sodium 216 mg
Total Carbohydrates 25.3 g
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 5.2 g
Recipe by Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes at https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/syn-free-carrot-and-butter-bean-soup