Syn Free Spicy Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Yield 5 servings
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Original/SP - syn free per serving
- WW Smart Points - 1
*Suitable for Freezing
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 200g (7oz) of zucchini (courgette), diced
- 300g (10.5oz) of butternut squash, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata)
- 6 cups (1.44 litres) of chicken stock
- 1 tbs of cumin
- 1 tbs of coriander
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne (reduce or increase depending on how spicy you like it)
- 300g (10.5oz) of cooked shredded chicken (I use a mixture of breast and thigh meat)
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of fresh coriander (cilantro), chopped (optional)
- spray oil
- Spray a deep pot over a medium high heat with spray oil
- Add the onion, leek and carrot, season with salt and pepper and fry for a minute
- Add a little bit of stock (approx 1/4 cup - 60ml), and reduce it down, till onions, leeks are translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute
- Add the butternut squash, red pepper and zucchini.
- Stir in the spices
- Add the passata and stock.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 mins
- Roughly blend with an immersion stick blender (or add half the soup to a regular blender, blend till smooth and return to the pot)
- Add the chicken and cilantro (coriander), and mix to combine, stirring till heated through.
- Ladle into bowls and enjoy!!
- Set to saute mode
- Spray with spray oil and once hot, add the onion, leeks, and carrots
- Season with salt and pepper, add a 1/4 cup of stock and fry till onion and leeks are translucent.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, butternut squash, pepper, zucchini, spices, passata and remaining stock.
- Add lid, close valve
- Set to high pressure for 10 mins.
- Quick release pressure.
- Roughly blend
- Set to saute mode, add the cooked chicken and cilantro and stir till heated through.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2.7 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 52.5 mg
Sodium 421.9 mg
Total Carbohydrates 23.4 g
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 22.2 g
Recipe by Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes at https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/spicy-chicken-and-vegetable-soup