Low Syn Sausage and Bean Pasta Bake
Yield 6 servings
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 1 HEa and 0.5 syns per serving (use a vegetarian sausage)
- WW Smart Points - 11
- Gluten Free - use a gluten free sausage and pasta
- 250g/9oz of uncooked pasta of choice
- 6 low fat sausages - 3 syns - sliced up
- 1 onion, roughly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 15 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 400g/14oz tin of mixed beans, drained
- 1.25 cups (300ml) of passata
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 150g (5.5oz) of mozzarella, roughly broken up - 3xHEa's
- 90g (3oz) of parmesan, grated - 3xHEa's
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place pasta in a saucepan of boiling hot water and cook until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil and brown the sausages, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes to brown.
- Add the carrots, pepper and courgette, spray with a little more spray oil and cook for a further 5 mins
- Add the passata, tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and a splash of balsamic vinegar, bring to a boil and allow to simmer for approx 20 mins..
- Slice up the sausages and add to the pan along with the mixed beans. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix with the pasta and add to an oven proof dish, season with some salt and black pepper.
- Top with the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 30-40 mins, until cheese is melted on top and is nice and golden.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
Healthy Extra A serving of mozzarella in the US is a slightly smaller measurements, so adjust accordingly.
Syns in sausages can vary, so double check the value of the one you use.
If you want to use half the amount of cheese, it will then be 1/2 HEa per serving
This dish is suitable for freezing
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 14.2 g
Saturated Fat 7.2 g
Cholesterol 83 mg
Sodium 1347 mg
Total Carbohydrates 51.7 g
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 33.5 g
Recipe by Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes at https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/sausage-and-bean-pasta-bake