Roasted Butternut Squash Ricotta Lasagne | Slimming World
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Green - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 7 per serving
- Vegetarian - use a vegetarian friendly Italian style hard cheese
- 1.2kg/2.6lbs butternut squash
- 1 tsp of sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp of ground sage
- salt and black pepper
- 6 oven-ready lasagne sheets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 270g/9.5oz of ricotta cheese - 3 HEa's
- 1 egg
- 30g/1oz of parmesan cheese (or use a hard Italian style cheese) - HEa
- cooking oil spray
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Peel butternut squash, then slice of the nose part, cut this into thin discs. Remove seeds from bulb part, and dice into small pieces and spread out on a baking tray's lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with the paprika, garlic powder and sage, season with salt and black pepper.
- Spray over the top with cooking oil spray and roast in the oven for approx 35-40 mins until softened.
- While the butternut squash is roasting. Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with cooking oil spray, add the onion and fry till softened. Add the garlic and fry for a further couple of mins. Remove from heat.
- Once butternut squash is ready, add the cube parts only to a blender with the stock and blend to a smooth sauce.
- Add this to the onion/garlic mix and then stir in the ricotta and egg, until well combine.
- Then you can layer the lasagne.
- Spray a square lasagne dish with cooking oil spray, add two lasagne sheets, then a half of the roasted butternut squash slices.
- Pour on a 1/3 of the ricotta sauce. add another two lasagne sheets, then the other half of the roasted butternut squash slices and another 1/3 of the ricotta sauce.
- Top with the final two lasagne sheets, and pour the remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven and bake for 20 mins. Then remove foil, sprinkle with fresh parsley and bake for another 10-15 mins until the cheese has melted and is lightly golden.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only. Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9.7 g
Saturated Fat 5.2 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 311 mg
Total Carbohydrates 57.7 g
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 18.6 g
Recipe by Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes at https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/roasted-butternut-squash-ricotta-lasagne