Raspberry Lemon Sponge Cake
Yield 8 servings
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 5.5 syns per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 5.5 syns per serving
- Original - 5.5 syns per serving
- WW Smart Points - 4
- 170g of all purpose flour - 29.5 syns
- 2 tsp of baking powder - 0.5 syns
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 cup (120ml) of sukrin:1 (or other sweetener of choice) - 4 syns
- 1/2 cup of fat free lemon yoghurt (or use vanilla)
- 1 tbs of butter - 5 syns
- juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 large eggs
- spray oil
for the filling:
- 170g of fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of fat free Greek vanilla yoghurt
- 2 tbs of low fat cream cheese - 2 syns
- 1 tsp of icing sugar - for dusting - 1 syn
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Sift the flour into a bowl and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat together the Sukrin,butter and yoghurt together. Add the eggs 1 at a time until blended.
- Add half the flour along with the juice and zest of a lemon, beat well and then add the remaining flour and beat until smooth.
- Spray two round sandwich tins with spray oil to prevent the cake from sticking and Pour the mixture equally into the two tins.
- Bake in the oven for approx 25 -30 mins until golden brown and a toothpick entered in the centre of the cake comes out clean. (do not open oven through cooking time)
- Allow to cool slightly, then remove from the sandwich tins and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mix the Greek Yogurt in a bowl with the low fat cream cheese.
- Place one cake half on a plate and spread with the yoghurt mixture.
- Add the fresh raspberries and then add the other cake half to the top.
- Dust with the icing sugar and slice and serve.
If you don't have measuring cups, you can use a measuring jug and fill up to the ml line as specified.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3.8 g
Saturated Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 74 mg
Sodium 308 mg
Total Carbohydrates 20.5 g
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 7 g
Recipe by Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes at https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/raspberry-and-lemon-sponge-cake