Make these amazing Pear and Chocolate Chip Muffins for breakfast - great with a cuppa and a bowl of fresh fruit
Are you fed up of cake and muffin recipes that use artificial ingredients, well look no further - these Pear and Chocolate Chip Muffins are just yummy!!
I had two super ripe pears in my fruit bowl that needed to be used, so figured I’d make some muffins for the kids.
Thinking of pear, I just had to add dark chocolate chips - two things that go together perfectly.
Because I was making these for the kids too, I wanted to use all good natural ingredients, so opted for maple syrup to sweeten. If you are happy to use sweetener, then of course you can replace the maple syrup and deduct the 4 syns from the entire recipe. I recommend using sukrin if you are going to do that, as it has no aftertaste. Don't forget though that 2 tablespoons of sweetener will be 1 syn.
The kids really loved these and I loved being able to have a proper muffin.
I baked them in these super cute decorated muffin cases. That are similar to these below (and come in various different colours):
It meant the baking tray stayed nice and clean and there was no need to wash the tray after - bonus!!
These Pear and Chocolate Chip Muffins are Super handy for breakfasts when in a rush. On their own they are not going to be hugely filling, but served with some fruit too, they are perfect. If you want some protein for breakfast, you could boiled some eggs the night before and have those too.
But don't limit these Pear and Chocolate Chip Muffins just to breakfast, they are delicious as a dessert too with some yoghurt and fresh fruit - yum!!
These are also perfect for freezing once cooked, so you don't need to be tempted to eat more than you should. Just take one out and defrost when you want one.
Extra Easy - 6 syns per muffin (or 5.5 if you use sweetener)
Green - 6 syns per muffin (or 5.5 if you use sweetener)
Original/SP - 6 syns per muffin (or 5.5 if you use sweetener)
WW Smart Points - 4
- 1 cup/125g of flour (23 syns)
- 30g (1oz) of dark chocolate chips (7 syns)
- 2 medium pears (peeled and chopped small (8 syns)
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, melted (5 syns) or use coconut oil (6 syns)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbs 2% milk (0.5 syns) - can use a dairy free milk
- 2 tbs of maple syrup (5 syns)
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c, 350f (gas mark 4)
- Sieve together flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pear
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, butter, maple syrup, milk and vanilla extract
- Add this into the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- Spray 8 muffin cases with spray oil
- Add the muffin mixture to the cases equally
- Bake for approx 30 mins until golden and a skewer entered into the centre of a muffin comes out clear.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.