Chicken Tikka Masala - Slimming World USA
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is gluten free and Slimming World friendly
- Extra Easy - syn free per serving
- Fresh juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 5 tbsp curry powder
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- Spray oil*
- 1 onion, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¾ inch piece fresh ginger,peeled and grated
- 1 red chile pepper, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6 tbsp tomato paste
- A small handful of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped, to garnish
- 1 ½ cups dried basmati rice cooked with a little saffron, for serving
*Please note to protect your weight loss, use up to 10 short sprays of any spray oil per day.
- In a large dish,mix together lime juice, 2/3 cup yogurt and 3 tbsp curry powder.
- Season with salt and black pepper, then add chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate in refrigerator 4 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat a grill pan on medium heat. Lightly spray a large non-stick skillet with spray oil and place over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, chile pepper, cinnamon, cumin and remaining curry powder; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 12 -15 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, thread chicken pieces onto metal skewers and discard the marinade.
- Spray chicken with a little spray oil and grill 12- 15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from skewers and add cooked chicken to sauce.
- Remove sauce from heat, stir in remaining Greek yogurt and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with freshly cooked basmati rice.
This recipe is provided and copyrighted by Slimming World.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
Recipe by Slimming Eats at https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/chicken-tikka-masala-slimming-world-usa