Chicken Chop Suey
Yield 3 servings
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 syn per serving
- Original/SP - 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points - 4
- 400g (14oz) of boneless skinless chicken thighs, sliced into bitesize chunks
- 455g (1lb) of raw beansprouts
- 100g (3.5oz) of carrots, sliced into thin strips
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 5 spring onions, sliced diagonally into strips
- 2 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 tbs of honey - 3 syns
- 1 tbs of oyster sauce
- 1/3 cup (80ml) of water
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Add the soy sauce and honey to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the chicken into the mix and toss well to coat. Set aside.
- Add the bean sprouts to a bowl, cover with hot water and leave for a couple of minutes to blanch and then drain.
- Spray a frying pan or wok over a medium high heat with spray oil.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for about a minute just to infuse flavour.
- Add bean sprouts and carrots to the pan and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, remove and set aside.
- Spray with a little more spray oil.
- Add the chicken and marinade and fry until it just starts to caramelize, then pour in the water.
- Let it bubble on a high heat until sauce reduces down and thickens slightly and chicken is cooked through, add the oyster sauce and season with black pepper.
- Add back in the bean sprout mix and the spring onions, toss all together.
- Serve and enjoy!!!
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 5.4 g
Saturated Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 113 mg
Sodium 851 mg
Total Carbohydrates 20.9 g
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
Sugars 14 g
Recipe by Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes at https://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/chicken-chop-suey