Looking for something to make New Years Eve? Then impress your friends with these amazing BBQ Pork Sandwiches from Slimming World USA
Lean Shredded Pork Tenderloin in a Spicy BBQ Sauce topped with delicious Quick Pickled Onions and served in Toasted Whole Wheat Buns with crushed Roasted Red Potatoes and Apple Slices on the side - Delicious!!
Making these BBQ Pork Sandwiches for more than 4 people? Double or Triple Up the recipe and make a build your own station with all the components to these sandwiches. That way your guests can help themselves. Yum!!
No one will believe that these BBQ Pork Sandwiches are Slimming World friendly.
Are you are planning on a healthier 2017?
Here are some New Years Resolution tips for Small Step for Big Changes in the New Year.
- The most important change...Plan ahead - Plan ahead and batch cook healthy meals in advance. Freeze or save them for mid-week. Having something healthy on-hand can be a lifesaver, reducing the chances of ordering take out, which is likely to be high in fat and calories.
- Spice it up - Herbs and spices, salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce are all great ways to add flavor to your meals without adding extra calories.
- Mix it up - Vary your food choices throughout the week. The wider the variety of foods you eat, the greater the health and weight loss benefits.
- Make small swaps to make a big difference - Try exchanging sugar for artificial sweetener, white bread for whole grain bread, and regular mayonnaise for extra-light mayo.
- Be realistic - If your diet is too strict you won’t be able to keep it up in the long term and you’ll end up putting all the weight you lost back on. Instead, make small sustainable changes – did you know cutting out the equivalent of a cookie each day can help you lose up to a stone in a year?
- Eat out with care - Planning ahead is not limited to cooking at home. When you do eat out, check the menu before you visit a restaurant and go for the healthiest option or get creative in developing a healthier plate chosen from parts of other entrees.
Extra Easy - 1 HEb per serving
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Spray oil*
- 1 ½ lbs small red potatoes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, all visible fat removed
- 4 whole wheat rolls (2oz each), split and toasted (4xHEb's)
- 2 apples, cut into wedges
- 6 medium Roma tomatoes, cored
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper (seeds removed), halved (optional)
- 4 garlic clove
- 1 can (6oz) tomato paste
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp no-calorie granulated sweetener
- In a medium bowl, toss together cucumber, onion, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Let stand while preparing sandwiches.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15 × 10 × 1-in baking pan with foil and lightly spray with spray oil. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with at least 1 inch of water. Add 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are very tender; drain. Place potatoes in foil-lined pan. Let cool 10 minutes while preparing pork.
- Then, line a second baking pan of the same size with foil. Place tomatoes, onion, jalapeño pepper (if using) and garlic in pan. Lightly spray vegetables with spray oil. Roast 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and lightly charred.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir chili powder, paprika, cumin, ½ tsp salt and cayenne pepper to combine. Reserve 1 tsp of spice mixture. Sprinkle remaining spice mixture over pork, rubbing in with your fingers. When potatoes are cool, using a potato masher or the palm of your hand, flatten each potato until about ½ inch in thickness, keeping each potato in one piece. Lightly spray potatoes with spray oil. Sprinkle with reserved spice mixture.
- Place pork in foil-lined pan with potatoes. Roast 30-35 minutes until pork is done and potatoes are lightly browned and crisp, turning potatoes once halfway through cooking time.
- Then place roasted vegetables in a large saucepan with 1 cup water, tomato paste, chili powder, ground mustard and ½ tsp salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let cool slightly. Blend with an immersion blender until smooth. (Or put in a blender or food processor, cover and blend or process until smooth.) Stir in no-calorie granulated sweetener. Cover and set aside (keep in the fridge for up to 1 week).
- Thinly slice pork and pile on bottom halves of rolls. Top with drained pickled onions and drizzle with ½ cup barbecue sauce. Top with remaining roll halves. Serve with roasted potatoes and apple wedges.
This recipe was provided by Slimming World USA for us to provide to our readers.
Interested in joining Slimming World so you can enjoy these fabulous foods while still losing weight?
Click here if you are in the USA - Slimming World USA
Click here if you are outside the USA - Slimming World
and if you want to know more about Slimming World - you can check out my review: Slimming World Review
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.