Any mixture of vegetables work well in these patties. The choice is unlimited, but below is my basic recipe:
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – 1 HEa + 1/2 HEb per serving
Extra Easy – 1 HEa + 1/2 HEb per serving
- 350g/12.5oz of potato, peeled (I used yukon golds)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small parsnip, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) of frozen peas
- ¼ cup (60ml) of frozen sweetcorn
- few leaves of fresh flat Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 egg
- 60g/2oz of cheddar (2 HEa’s), grated
- 60g/1oz of wholewheat bread (1 HEb), blitzed into breadcrumbs
- spray oil
- Add the potatoes to a saucepan of boiling hot water and bring to the boil, then simmer until a fork can easily be poked through them. Turn off heat, drain potatoes and roughly mash with a fork, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool down.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium heat with some Frylight or Pam spray. Add the onion, carrot and parsnip and cook until golden and tender. Turn off heat and stir in the frozen peas and sweetcorn.
- The add to the roughly mashed potato, along with the cheddar and chopped parsley and mix together thoroughly.
- When mixture has thoroughly cooled down, add the egg and mix together, form into 4 equal sized patties.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto a chopping board and loosely cover each pattie.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the patties to firm up.
- When ready to be cooked, preheat oven to 200c or 400f, spray a baking try with spray oil and place your patties onto the tray, again spray over the top of the patties and bake in the oven until nice and golden – approx 30mins. You will need to carefully turn them over half way through cooking time.
- These are great served on their own as a light snack/lunch or can even be served as a side dish to accompany various recipes.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.