I don’t often use ground turkey, as I find it a bit dry, but in dishes like this with lots of sauce it is lovely as it absorbs all the flavour and is great for an alternative to ground beef as it is a lot lower in fat.
This works well with a variety of sides, but my favorite is to serve it over my perfect syn free fries topped with a dollop of sour cream (for a few syns) and some cheddar from my healthy extra A choice and then sliced spring onion – delish!!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
SP – syn free per serving (omit corn)
- 450g (1lb) of extra lean ground turkey
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno's, seeds removed and finely chopped (can add more or less depending on how hot you like your chilli)
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 400g (14oz) tin of kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup of frozen corn (omit from an SP day)
- 2 cups (480ml) of chopped tomatoes or passata
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- pinch of cayenne
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- salt and black pepper to season
- olive oil spray
- fresh chopped coriander
- Spray a big pan over a medium heat with some olive oil spray
- Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot and fry for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the turkey mince and fry until browned.
- Add the jalapenos, red pepper, tomato paste, cumin, paprika and oregano and mix to evenly coat.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, add in the corn and kidney beans, place a lid over the top and simmer for approx 45 mins, sauce should of reduced down slightly and thickened.
- Season with salt and black pepper as needed and top with freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.