Fancy a burger night and do not want to blow your daily syns allowance?
Well whoever said you can’t eat burgers when healthy eating, was wrong. Just look at the below:
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy -1 HEa, 1HEb and 1 syn per serving
Original – 1 HEa, 1HEb and 1 syn per serving
- For the burgers:
- 400g of extra lean beef mince
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or 1 fresh garlic clove (crushed)
- a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
- a sprinkling of mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- 3 x (60g/2oz) Wholemeal Rolls (3xHEb)
- 3 slices of lean back bacon or Canadian bacon
- 3x (30g/1oz) servings of cheddar (3xHEa)
- pickles (sliced gherkin)
- 1 red onion sliced
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup (3 syns)
- 1 tomato sliced
- 3 eggs
- Add the mince, chopped onion, egg, garlic powder, mixed herbs and Worcestershire sauce to a food processor to bind all together (I like to do it this way, because I think it holds the burger together better, but you can do it by hand if you prefer).
- Form into 3 equal sized patties
- Preheat a George Foreman grill or grill pan.
- Add the burgers and grill until cooked through.
- You will need to add the bacon and sliced red onion to the grill pan half way through the burgers cooking time.
- When the burgers are almost done, add the cheese to each burger so that it melts on top and cook your 3 eggs on a frying pan sprayed with spray oil
- Then you can stack your burgers in the wholemeal rolls (I suggest slightly toasting your wholemeal rolls). Stack with first the lettuce, then tomato, then your bacon slices, then the burger (topped with the melted cheese), the cooked onion, pickles and finally your egg and a tablespoon of tomato ketchup.
- These are really filling just on their own so I would serve with just a mixed side salad. for your speed foods. However it goes great with SW wedges/chips too.
- Seriously these are so good. You will not be disappointed.