Syn Free Cheesy Cauliflower Garlic Bread
Yield 3 servings
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- Green/Vegetarian - 1 HEa per serving
- Original/SP - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 7
For the bread:
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx 800g/28oz)
- salt and black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 30g of parmesan cheese, grated
For cheesy garlic topping:
- 30g of parmesan
- 50g of mozzarella
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbs of fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f (gas mark 6)
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor in batches and keep pulsing with the blade until it is all fine and almost like a dough.
- Add the cauliflower to a clean tea towel and roll up around the cauliflower like a sack. Keep squeezing until you get as much liquid as you can out from the cauliflower (This is really important).
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add in the parmesan and 3 eggs and mix till well combined.
- Line a large tray with parchment paper (use two trays if you don't have a large one). Lightly spray over the top with spray oil.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal size balls, and flatten out as flat as you can get them, into 3 large oval shapes.
- Spray over the top with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 mins.
- In the meantime, add the minced garlic, parsley, mozzarella and parmesan to a bowl and mix well to combine.
- After 30 mins remove the cauliflower bread from oven and carefully flip over the and place back in the oven for another 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and add the cheesy garlic topping to the bread and spread out.
- Spray over the top with spray oil and place back in the oven till the cheese is melted and lightly golden - approx 8 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Healthy Extra A servings of cheese can vary from the UK to the USA, so adjust accordingly.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.1 g
Saturated Fat 7.7 g
Cholesterol 215 mg
Sodium 681 mg
Total Carbohydrates 17.1 g
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 23.9 g
Recipe by Slimming Eats - Weight Watchers and Slimming World Recipes at http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/syn-free-cheesy-cauliflower-garlic-bread