This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, vegetarian Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Green – syn free per serving
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- salt and black pepper
- fresh chopped coriander
- spray oil
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil.
- Add the onion, garlic and cumin seeds and fry till softened
- Add the turmeric and rice and stir to coat, frying for 1 min
- Add the sweet corn
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, reduced heat and simmer until stock is almost absorbed (do not stir while cooking).
- Once stock is almost absorbed, add lid, remove from heat and leave for 10 mins (steam trapped underneath will continue to cook rice)
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper, sprinkle with fresh chopped coriander.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.