There is nothing more comforting than a delicious bowl of spaghetti and meatballs.
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – Syn free per serving
- 300g (10.5oz) of uncooked spaghetti, (you can use gluten free)
- For the sauce:
- 480ml (2 cups) of passata
- 300ml (1.25 cups)l of beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons of mixed herbs
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil spray
- For the meatballs:
- 500g (17.5oz) of extra lean beef mince
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 egg beaten, to bind
- salt and black pepper
- Add all ingredients for the meatballs to a large bowl, and thoroughly bind together, form into equal sized meatballs.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, spray with olive oil spray and add the meatballs and fry until lightly browned all over, remove and set aside.
- Spray the pan with a little more olive oil spray and add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots and fry until softened.
- Add the mixed herbs, tomato paste, splash of balsamic vinegar, stock and passata and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, add the meatballs, cover and simmer until sauce reduces down and thickens, approx 20 mins.
- While sauce is simmering, add the spaghetti to a saucepan of boiling hot salted water and cook until al dente. Drain
- When the spaghetti is cooked, scoop out the meatballs and half of the sauce to a bowl. Then add the spaghetti to the remaining half and mix all together.
- Serve the spaghetti among4 bowls and top with the meatballs and sauce and a little fresh chopped parsley
- If you have a HEa spare you can top with some grated parmesan.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.