Sichuan Chicken has bold spices with lots of flavour. For this dish I used chicken but it would work equally well with beef or pork.
This recipe is dairy free, Weight Watchers friendly and perfect for a Slimming World SP day if you serve with the suggestions below for an Original day.
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 3 syns per serving
Original – 3 syns per serving (serve with spiralled veg or caulifower rice)
- 400g of chicken thigh (all visible fat removed),sliced into smaller chunks
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon of Chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoon of Hoi sin Sauce (3.5 syns)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar (1 syn)
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (1.5 syns)
- 1 tablespoon of oil (6 syns)
- 1 teaspoon of sambal oelek (chilli paste)
- 1 green pepper sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red onion , halved and sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- Spray oil
- In a bowl, mix together the Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chilli paste, sugar, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic and ginger. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg white to firm peaks, add the corn flour and Chinese five spice and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken thighs to the egg white mixture and mix to coat.
- In a small wok heat the oil, ensure it is hot before adding the chicken. Add the chicken and fry until it has a golden colour. Remove and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan or wok over a medium high heat with some spray oil, add the vegetables and stir fry for approx 3-4 mins. Add the chicken and then the sauce mixture and toss to coat, let it simmer on a low heat for about 3 mins. ensuring chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your choice of sides. This is great served with rice or noodles.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (without rice/noodles)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.