Roasted Butternut Squash Rice – great way to add some speed foods.
This compliments any main meal really well. The roasted squash adds a lovely flavour to the rice.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Green – syn free per serving
- 1 cup of rice, uncooked (or you can use quinoa or brown rice, but you may need to adjust water ratio)
- 400g of butternut squash, cubed
- tablespoon of paprika
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil spray spray
- fresh chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place butternut squash in an oven proof dish, add the paprika and a little salt and black pepper and mix to coat.
- Spray with a olive oil spray and place in the oven and roast until tender (approx 30 mins)
- In the meantime add the rice to 2 cups of boiling hot water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered with a lid until water has been absorbed. Turn off heat, but keep lid on to allow the steam to continue to cook rice (approx 5-10mins).
- Mix in some finely chopped fresh coriander into the butternut squash and then add this to the rice and stir to combine.
- This is a great side to a variety of dishes.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
You might also be interested in....
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.