Delicious Syn Free Roasted Butternut Squash and Tomato Risotto
A great meal for the whole family
Looking for some other yummy rice recipes? Check out these Rice recipes
Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
Green/Vegetarian - 1 HEa per serving
WW Smart Points -
- ½ a medium butternut squash, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup (240ml) of arborio rice
- 1.5 cups (360ml) of passata
- 1.5 cups (360ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- some freshly chopped basil
- some freshly chopped Italian parsley
- 4x30g of parmesan cheese
- (4 HEa’s)
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the tomatoes and butternut squash to a oven proof dish, spray over the top with some spray oil and roasted in the oven until butternut squash is slightly caramelised, but still has a bite to it. Approx 25 mins.
- Place your passata, stock and some freshly chopped basil in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and then reduce heat down to low.
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil and saute your onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the arborio rice and mix well.
- Then start adding a couple of ladles of your passata/stock at a time, stir constantly and scraping any bits sticking to the bottom as you do. As your stock is absorbed add a couple of more ladles and continue until passata/stock is almost gone.
- Add in your roasted tomatoes and butternut squash and the remaining passata/stock and stir well. The rice should have a slight bite to it when ready.
- Season with some salt and black pepper and top with some freshly chopped parsley and a HEa serving of parmesan cheese per person.
You might also be interested in....
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.