This quiche is really delicious with the hash brown base. I also recommend using a strong mature cheddar as it really gives the flavour. I used a good quality Canadian Cheddar which had been aged for 2 years.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
- 800g/28oz of russet potatoes, peeled and grated (squeezed of excess moisture)
- ⅔ cup (160ml) of fat free cottage cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) of chopped cooked lean bacon or ham
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, quartered and sliced thinly
- 90g/3oz of strong cheddar (3xHEa's)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a 8 inch springform pan with spray oil (if you don't have this you can use a bigger pan, you just won't get the height that you do with this smaller pan)
- Season grated potato with salt and black pepper.
- Fill the end of the pan with an even layer of the grated potato and then carefully turning the pan on it's side, firmly press down the grated potato around the sides also, until you have a grated potato shell. Spray all over with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for approx 35-40 mins until lightly golden.
- While potato crust is cooking, spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil. Add the onion and fry till softened. Add the red pepper and stir fry for a further 5 mins (you may need to add a little more spray oil to prevent sticking)
- Stir in the ham or bacon and set aside.
- Add the cottage cheese to a blender, along with the eggs and blend till smooth. Season well with salt and black pepper.
- When the hash brown crust is ready. Fill with the ham (or bacon), onion and peppers.
- Pour over with the egg/cottage cheese mixture and top with the cheddar.
- Reduce oven temp to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Place the quiche in the oven and bake for approx 45, quiche should be lightly golden on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 mins before slicing.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.