This is a easy meal to make if you have some a batch of my yummy homemade pizza sauce made up. You can pretty much add any toppings of your choice and can even use regular baked potatoes, if you don’t like sweet.
This recipe is gluten free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 2 syns per serving (syn free if you replace pepperoni with a syn free option)
Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEa per serving (omit pepperoni and use different veggies for topping)
NOTE: Different types of pepperoni can vary in syns, so be sure to check the value of the one you use.
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced in half lengthways
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- 12 slices of pepperoni (4 syns) - or use chopped ham or lean bacon to keep syn free
- Homemade Pizza Sauce (click on for recipe)
- 90g/3oz of mozzarella (2xHEa's)
- spray oil
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
- fresh chopped basil
- optional: chilli flakes
- Preheat the oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Place sweet potatoes halves on a baking tray, spray over the top with spray oil, season with salt and bake for approx 45 minues or until fork tender.
- When the sweet potatoes are ready, remove from oven, top with pizza sauce, then red onion, mozzarella and then pepperoni (or other choice of topping), sprinkle with a little fresh chopped basil.
- Place back in the oven and bake till cheese is melted and golden (approx 15-20mins)
- Season over the top with black pepper and optional chilli flakes if using.
- Serve with your choice of sides. I like to serve with a mix salad.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.