These homemade pork sausage patties are delicious. Most store bought sausages, come high in fat and full of fillers unless you are lucky enough to get some good quality ones from a local farmer etc. You can change these up so easily too with different spices, especially if you want to make them spicy. It also works as a ground up sausage in a hash, if you don’t make them into patties. If you use extra lean pork mince (less than 5% fat), these will be syn free.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, paleo, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 2.5 syns for 2 patties (or syn free when use extra lean ground pork)
Original – 2.5 syns for 2 patties (or syn free when use extra lean ground pork)
NOTE: these are syn free when using extra lean ground pork
- 500g (17.5oz) of lean ground pork (or use a ground meat of your choice) (12.5 syns)
- 2 tsps of paprika
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- fresh sage, chopped
- pinch of mixed herbs
- ¼ tsp fennel seeds (crushed in mortar and pestle)
- Place ingredients into a food processor and bind together well with a few pulses of the blade. You can mix by hand also, but the food processor will bind the mixture together for a better sausage pattie.
- Form into 10 equal sized patties.
- Add to a frying pan over a medium heat and brown on each side until cooked through.
- Optional: add some maple syrup for a maple breakfast sausage (make sure you adjust syns)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.