This recipe is dairy free, gluten free, paleo, whole30, vegetarian, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving (or use coconut oil spray to make this syn free)
Green – 1.5 syns per serving (or use coconut oil spray to make this syn free)
Original – 1.5 syns per serving (or use coconut oil spray to make this syn free)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 zucchini (courgette), grated and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 3 cloves
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (6 syns)
- Break the cauliflower head into smaller pieces and add some to a food processor in parts and blitz for a couple of seconds until finely chopped (like grains of rice) repeat with the rest. (If you do not have a food processor you can use a grater).
- Add the coconut oil to a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once melted, add onion and saute for a few mins to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further few mins.
- Add in the cauliflower and saute until it starts to go slightly translucent and tender. Do not over cook as it will become mushy. Stir continuously so that each grain of cauliflower gets cooked.
- Add the zucchini, turmeric, cloves and cardamom pods and continue to stir for a further few minutes and then the cauliflower and zucchini rice is ready.
- Serve as a side in place of rice.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.