Syn Free One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta – the best syn free pasta dish you will make this year PERIOD!!
One pot dishes are my favourite thing at the minute, anytime I can create less washing up the better. If you have a family of 4 like me, washing up plates and cutlery is bad enough, but add to that several pots and pans too, and it’s a chore.
Some of the mess is instantly taken away with one pot dishes like this Cheeseburger Pasta and I love it.
So you may be wondering what exactly is cheeseburger pasta, well it’s exactly what it says – all the best part of a cheeseburger turned into a delicious dish that the whole family is just gonna love.
It may not be much of a surprise that we love cheeseburgers in my house. I’ve already brought you these amazing recipes below:
- Big Mac Fries
- Big Mac and Fries Fakeaway
- Cheeseburger Quiche
- The Ultimate SW Cheeseburger
- Sweet Potato Cheeseburger Sliders
- Cheeseburger Soup
That list just wouldn’t seem complete without adding to it a Cheeseburger Pasta recipe.
It’s actually a pasta recipe that’s pretty popular this side of the Atlantic and this is my healthier, delicious take on it.
First, no cheeseburger would be complete without the burger part and for that, I use extra lean beef, we also have to have some onion and good seasoning, plus the ultimate ingredients – Worcestershire Sauce.
Usually a Cheeseburger has ketchup, but we want this slightly healthier, so instead, I use fresh chopped tomatoes (I recommend fresh as they just taste so much better to canned which tend to be slightly acidic) and then some tomato paste. To get that little bit of sweetness, I add a little bit of sukrin gold (you can use any sweetener of choice if you don’t have this, or omit altogether if you prefer).
To get that little bit of sweetness, I add a little bit of sukrin gold (you can use any sweetener of choice if you don’t have this, or omit altogether if you prefer).
Pasta is usually cooked in a large saucepan of boiling hot water, but as this is one-pot Cheeseburger Pasta, we are adding the pasta straight into the pan with the beef and for flavour I add chicken stock, rather than water.
Once left to simmer for 10 minutes till the pasta is al dente, the last important ingredients go in.
PICKLES!! you just can’t have a Cheeseburger without some pickles, don’t be put off adding them to this dish, they really do give it an amazing flavour. Of course if you really do hate them, by all means, leave them out, but personally, those pickles are so darn good in this.
and finally Cheddar (make sure you save a little bit, just to sprinkle on top to serve). The cheddar once added does something magical. One it starts to melt, along with the starch from the pasta in the same pan, it coats everything in a velvety kind of creamy sauce that is just delicious.
Serve with a side salad of crisp lettuce leaves. Hey, you could even make some of the big mac sauce for the salad from this Big Mac Fries recipe.
Love One Pot dishes? Check out these other amazing recipes:
- One Pot Creamy Zucchini Pasta
- One Pot Beef Fajita Pasta
- One Pot Shrimp Pasta
- Low Syn Instant Pot Bombay Lamb Curry
- Chana Masala
- Spicy Prawn and Vegetable Risotto
- Beef and Six Bean Chilli
- Mushroom Risotto
- One Pot Speed Pasta
- One Pot Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
- One Pot Marmite Mac and Cheese
or check out my FULL RECIPE INDEX for over 500+ delicious Slimming World recipes
WHAT KITCHEN ITEMS DO I NEED TO MAKE THIS SYN FREE ONE POT CHEESEBURGER PASTA?
- Non Stick Frying Pan
- Kitchen Scales
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Santoku Knife (perfect knife for chopping veg)
- Chopping Board
Syn Free One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta
Yield 4 servings
This recipe is Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy - 1 HEa per serving
- WW Smart Points - 14
- 455g (1lb) of extra lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbs of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of mustard powder
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tbs of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs of sukrin gold (or another sweetener of choice)
- 300g (10.5oz) of uncooked penne pasta (or other pasta of choice)
- 4 cups (960ml) of chicken stock
- 2-3 tbs of chopped pickles.
- 120g (4oz) of cheddar (4xHEa's) - reserve a little for sprinkling on top once cooked
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Spray oil
- Add to a small bowl the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, salt and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium-high heat with spray oil, add the ground beef and onion and cook until brown.
- Add the spices, tomatoes, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and sukrin and mix to coat.
- Stir in the penne pasta.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10-12 mins
- Remove lid, add chopped pickles and cheddar and stir until sauce is velvety and coats everything in the pan.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped Italian parsley and the reserved cheddar.
- Enjoy with a side salad.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only.
Ingredients can vary greatly from brand to brand and therefore it would be impossible to give accurate information. Also, double-check syn values of synned ingredients as different brands can vary.
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full
Serving Size 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.7 g
Saturated Fat 7.9 g
Cholesterol 97.8 mg
Sodium 603.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates 65.5 g
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 44.5 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.