delicious healthy mixed vegetable rice
Great side dish to a variety of main meals
Extra Easy: syn free per serving
Green/Vegetarian: syn free per serving
WW Smart Points:
Gluten Free: use Tamari
- 1 cup of basmati or long grain rice
- 2 cups of chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- ½ red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- ½ cup of frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (or gluten free Tamari)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- pinch of black pepper
- small bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander), finely chopped
- low calorie spray
- Rinse the rice well, to remove some starch.
- Heat the stock in a saucepan and add the rice, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until all stock is absorbed, turn off heat but leave rice covered with lid for about 10mins, to allow steam to continue to cook rice. Allow rice to cool.
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with low calorie spray, Add the onion, ,garlic, chilli, peppers and carrots and fry till softened
- Add the soy sauce, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and black pepper and fry for a further few mins, mixing as you do, to coat all the veg with the flavours. Remove veg and set aside.
- Spray the frying pan with some more low calorie spray, add the cold rice and fry gently, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Stir back in the vegetables, along with the chopped cilantro and frozen peas and mix thoroughly until heated through.
- Serve and Enjoy!!
- This dish is great as a side, or why not try adding some chicken or shrimp to make an entire meal (if adding chicken etc, remember it will no longer be free on a green day)
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.