I have seen many recipes for these floating around Pinterest, so decided to have a go at making my own, as I thought they would be great for my kids too. These are delicious with a side salad. I love how the pasta really crisps up around the edges.
This recipe is vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving
Green/Vegetarian – 1 HEa and 1 syn per serving (when replacing the beef for quorn or lentils)
or 2.5 syns per lasagne cup
- 400g (14oz) of extra lean beef mince (or you can use quorn or green/brown lentils for a veggie option)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 200g (7oz) of diced butternut squash
- 4 mushrooms, finely chopped
- fresh herbs (I used a mixture of rosemary, oregano and thyme)
- 2 cups (480ml) of passata
- 1 cup (240ml) of beef stock
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- spray oil
- 45g (1.5oz) of mozzarella cheese (1 HEa)
- 30g (1oz) of parmesan cheese (1 HEa)
- 12 flat lasagne sheets (I used whole wheat) *see note
- salt and black pepper
- for the cheese sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (1.5 syns)
- 1 cup (240ml) of 2% milk (1 HEa)
- 30g (1oz) of parmesan cheese (1 HEa)
- salt and black pepper for seasoning
- NOTE: choose a lasagne sheet that will make 2 squares when cut in half, if possible
- Spray a frying pan with some spray oil and add the onions, garlic and carrot and fry for about 5 mins
- Add the beef mince and cook till browned.
- Add the mushrooms, butternut squash, passata, stock, chilli powder, cinnamon, balsamic vinegar and then your fresh herbs. Cover with some greaseproof paper and cook for approx 1 hour over a gentle heat on the hob.
- When the meat mixture has almost finished it’s cooking time you can make the cheese sauce. Mix the cornstarch with a little of the milk and add to the rest of the milk in a small saucepan over a low heat, constantly stirring until it comes to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the 30g (1oz) of parmesan cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- In the meantime bring a large saucepan water to a boil and add the lasagne sheets and cooked until softened. Now comes the tricky part.
- Mix your mozzarella and remaining parmesan together in a bowl.
- Using a muffin tray, spray with a little spray oil. Cut the lasagne sheets in half, so you have 24 squares. Place one half on top of another half so that you have a kind of star shape. Place this carefully in one muffin space and spoon in some of your meat mixture. Top with a little of the cheese sauce and your grated cheese. Repeat for the other 11 spaces.
- Place in the oven and bake until lasagna sheets have crisped up and cheese on top is melted (approx 15-20mins).
- Serve with a side salad or your choice of veggies and Enjoy!!
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.