This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 3.5 syns per serving
Original/SP – 3.5 syns per serving
NOTE: syn value of ground lamb varies, so you will need to check the values of the one you use.
- 600g (28oz) of lean lamb mince (9 syns)*
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- some rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- for the gravy:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (480ml) of beef stock
- 1 tablespoon of arrowroot, tapioca or cornstarch (1.5 syns)
- bunch of mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (2 syns)
- Add the mint leaves to a bowl, along with the maple syrup and cider vinegar, cover and allow to infuse for approx 5 hours. Stirring every so often.
- Place the mince, shallots, garlic and rosemary leaves in a bowl and bind firmly together. Form into equal sized meatballs.
- Spray a frying pan with some low calorie spray and brown the meatballs on all sides. Place in an oven proof dish and preheat the oven to 180c or 350f
- Spray a small saucepan with some spray oil and place on a medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until golden.
- Add the stock.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to make into a paste and add this to the stock.
- Bring to the boil, so that it starts to thicken. Then remove from heat and add the entire bowl of mint leaves which have been infusing.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the gravy onto the meatballs. Cover with a lid and bake in the oven for approx 40-45 mins. Removing the lid for the last 10 mins.
- Remove meatballs onto a side dish.
- Then pour the gravy through a sieve to remove the chopped onions which are added just for flavour. (You don’t have to do this, but I prefer it like this).
- Place the meatballs back into the dish and add back the gravy.
- Garnish with some fresh mint leaves and serve with your choice of fresh vegetables for a Red day or if doing an Extra Easy day you can also add your choice of potatoes.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.