These Lamb meatballs in a spicy but slightly sweet sauce are delicious. I served topped with homemade mint yoghurt and rice, but they would be great with a variety of different sides.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Original/SP – 3 syns per serving (without rice)
Extra Easy – 3 syns per serving
*NOTE: Be sure to check the syn value of the lean lamb mince you use, as syn values may vary.
- 600g (28oz) of lean lamb mince (9 syns)*
- fresh coriander
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 360ml (1.5 cups) of passata
- 360ml (1.5 cups) of chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (3 syns)
- oil spray
- In large bowl, add the lamb mince, a few tablespoons of freshly chopped coriander, 1 finely chopped red chilli, 1 clove of garlic, some freshly grated ginger and salt and pepper and bind it all together. Form into equal sized meatballs.
- Spray a frying pan with some oil spray, and brown the meatballs. Then set aside.
- Add the onion, remaining garlic, some fresh ginger, and the carrot to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 mins until softened.
- Add the passata, stock, all the spices and maple syrup and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, return meatballs to the pan, cover and simmer for approx 30 minutes.
- Top with some freshly chopped coriander.
- Serve with steamed basmati rice or cauli rice and some mint yoghurt (yoghurt, with fresh mint, lemon juice), for a dairy free option, drizzle with some coconut milk.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
1 serving (no rice)
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.