I love the Harvest Grain Blend from Trader Joes – a mixture of orzo, Israeli couscous, split garbanzo and red quinoa and this is one of my favorite recipes I make with it, however if you can’t get this blend, you can just use a mixture of orzo and Israeli cous cous. It’s a really tasty dish.
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
- 1 cup (240ml) of Trader Joes Harvest Grain Blend (if you can't get this, you can use ½ cup of orzo and ½ cup of Israeli couscous)
- 1 chicken thigh, chopped into small pieces (or if you prefer use ½ large chicken breast)
- 150g (5.5oz) of raw large shrimp (prawns)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 small carrots, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini (courgette), finely chopped
- 3 ripe vine tomatoes, chopped
- couple of handfuls of spinach
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of Italian mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Heat the stock in a saucepan, add the harvest grain mix and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until stock is almost absorbed. Then turn off heat, but leave lid on and set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil.
- Add the chicken and fry until lightly golden, then add the onion, garlic, carrots, and zucchini and fry till softened.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs and paprika and stir to evenly coat. Turn heat down, add shrimp and place lid over the top just to steam for a few mins until prawns are cooked through.
- Stir in the cooked harvest grain blend and a few handfuls of spinach.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.