I had some chicken breasts to use up today and really fancied some roasted veggies. One of my favourite sandwiches before dieting, was a ciabatta roll filled with grilled chicken, roasted veggies and mozzarella, which of course is not very Slimming World friendly. So today I came up with this recipe, which I have to say was delicious!!!
This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
Original /SP– 1 HEa per serving
- 3 chicken breasts (skin and visible fat removed)
- 135/4.5oz of sliced mozzarella (3 HEa's)
- 1 courgette (zucchini), halved and sliced
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 3 cloves of garlic
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- mixed herbs
- seasoning mix for chicken:
- black pepper, chilli flakes, parsley and oregano
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f
- Add courgettes, peppers, onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes, to a roasting dish. Sprinkle with some mix herbs and spray with spray oil, roast in the oven until vegetables are softened.
- Make a pocket in each of the chicken breasts with a sharp knife and stuffed each chicken breast with 42g of mozzarella.
- Rub the seasoning mix into each side of the chicken breasts to lightly coat.
- Preheat a grill pan, spray with a little spray oil and add the chicken breast, cooking on both sides until nice and golden.
- Wrap in foil, add to an oven proof dish and add to the oven along with the roasted veggies until cooked through.
- Served the Grilled Stuffed Chicken Breasts on a bed of Roasted Vegetables and some other sides if you prefer.
You might also be interested in....
- Spicy Chicken Stuffed with Feta Cheese and Salsa
- Quinoa Stuffed Chicken Breast wrapped in Prosciutto
- Feta Stuffed Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Tomato and Mozzarella Hasselback Chicken
- Bulgur Wheat, Onion, Sage and Sausage Stuffed Chicken
- Balsamic Chicken with Tomatoes and Roasted Butternut Squash Rice
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.