If you find yourself stuck with idea for some speed foods with your breakfast, you must try these yummy Garlic Mushrooms with Bacon, the combination is delicious and very filling, so will keep you well satiated until lunch time.
This recipe is Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving
Original – 1 HEb and 1 syn per serving
NOTE: nutritional info of the cream cheese can be vary, so be sure to check the one you use.
- 2x60g (2x2oz) whole wheat English muffins (2x HEb's) or use whole wheat bread
- 300g of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of light cream cheese (1.5 syns)
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard (0.5 syns)
- Spray oil
- 4 slices of Canadian bacon
- 100ml of chicken stock
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Cook bacon to your liking and toast muffins
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil
- Add the mushrooms and garlic.
- Add a little bit of the chicken stock at a time and cook mushrooms until they are nice and golden.
- Mix the Philadelphia with a tiny bit of hot water to melt into a smooth liquid (not too thick and not too watery).
- Reduce heat on mushrooms and stir in the mustard and then the Philadelphia.
- Sprinkle with some fresh Italian parsley.
- Serve on top of the muffins and bacon
- A great dish for breakfast or lunch!!
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.