This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
Original – 1.5 per serving
Gluten Free – use coconut aminos
- 8 chicken thighs (skinned, boned and all fat removed)
- 2 tablespoons of apricot jam (4 syns)
- ¼ cup of coconut aminos or soy sauce
- zest and juice of half an orange (0.5 syns)
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- some green beans
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- fresh chopped coriander to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- In a bowl mix together the Jam, coconut aminos or soy sauce, Spices, Ginger, Garlic and Tomato Paste
- Place chicken thighs in an oven proof dish with the carrots, red pepper, onion, and green beans
- Pour over the sauce and mix to coat thoroughly.
- Bake in over until chicken is cooked through and tender. Approx 40 mins
- Top with some freshly chopped coriander
- Great served with rice or noodles or cauliflower rice for an SP day
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.