Creamy Vegetable Pasta bake
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 0.5 syns and 1 HEa per serving
Green – 0.5 syns and 1 HEa per serving
- 250g of uncooked pasta (I used tri-coloured farfalle)
- 1 small onion
- 1 small courgette
- 100g of mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 cup of passata
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar (2 syns) or using sweetener if you prefer
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- chilli flakes (optional if you like a bit of heat)
- 1/4 cup of sweetcorn
- 1/4 cup of peas
- couple of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of mixed Italian herbs
- 71g of Philadelphia light cheese (HEa)
- 1 medium sized ripe tomato, sliced
- 135g of part skimmed mozzarella cheese (3xHEa)
- Pam Spray or Frylight
- Salt and Pepper to season
Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
Spray a frying pan with Frylight or Pam spray, add the onion, garlic, mushrooms and courgette and cook until softened over a medium heat.
Add the passata, chicken stock, basil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and sprinkling of chilli flakes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for approx 10 mins. Add a little more water if needed, if the sauce reduces too much.
Add the Philadelphia to a bowl and add to it a few spoonsfuls of the sauce. Whisk until smooth. Pour this back into the sauce and stir until it is all mixed in. Season with some salt and pepper as needed.
In the meantime, add your pasta to a saucepan of hot water and cook till Al Dente (avoid overcooking, you want the pasta to still have a bite to it).
Add the pasta to the sauce, along with the peas and sweetcorn and mix all ingredients together
Transfer pasta mix to a oven proof dish.
Top with the slices of tomatoes and the mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the oven till cheese has melted and is golden. Approx 20-30 mins
Serve with a side salad.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: