Serve this delicious creamy pork casserole with my Crushed Roast Potatoes or for an original/SP day served with some sauteed brussels, cabbage or cauli rice for a complete meal.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Slimming World (SP), and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
Original/SP – 1.5 syns per serving
NOTE: syns in cream cheese can vary so be sure to check the value of the one you use.
- 800g (28oz) of Pork Loins or shoulder (fat removed), sliced into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 8 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 450g (1lb) of butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- ½ tbs of paprika
- 1.5 cups (360ml) of crushed tomatoes (passata)
- 1 tablespoons of tomato paste
- dash of tabasco sauce or pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (2 syns)
- 1 cup (240ml) of chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons of low fat cream cheese (4 syns)
- spray oil
- Salt and black pepper
- fresh chopped Italian Parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
- Spray a frying pan with some spray oil. Add the onion and fry till softened.
- Add the garlic, butternut squash and paprika, and stir to coat.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, tomato paste, stock, maple syrup and dash of tabasco sauce. Bring to the boil.
- Stir in the cream cheese until melted.
- Place pork in an oven proof dish and poor over the sauce from the frying pan.
- Bake in the oven until the pork is cooked through (approx 40 mins until pork is cooked but tender).
- Top with some freshly chopped Italian parsley
- Serve with your choice of side
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.