This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb and 1.5 syns per two muffins (or 3.5 syns per muffin when not using a HEb)
Green – 1 HEb and 1.5 syns per two muffins (or 3.5 syns per muffin when not using a HEb)
Gluten Free – use gluten-free oats
- 1 cup of oats (4xHEb)
- 1 cup of cooked mashed sweet potato (I just cook a sweet potato in the microwave for this), let it cool before using in this recipe
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 12 dates (pits removed) (2xHEb)
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (6 syns), melted
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (3 syns)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Place oats in a food processor and do a couple of pulses of the blade.
- Add these to a bowl with the sweet potato, cinnamon, baking powder and soda and mix to combine.
- Add the dates and ¼ cup of water to a mini food processor and blend till you have a smooth paste.
- Add this to a bowl with the coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract, whisk to combine.
- Add this to the oat/sweet potato mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into 12 muffin cases and bake in the oven for approx 30 mins. Until golden on top and a skewer entered into the centre comes out clean.
- Serve with your choice of fruit and a cuppa.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 900 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.