This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
- ½ cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup of stock
- 200g (7oz) chicken thigh (visible fat removed), sliced into strips (use 1 chicken breast if you prefer)
- 1 small onion, halve and sliced thinly
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 2 medium sized zucchini (courgette), grated
- ¾ cup of grated white potato
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup of liquid egg whites (or 2 egg whites)
- salt and black pepper
- 120g (4oz) of grated parmesan (4 HEa’s)
- Spray oil
- Thoroughly rinse the quinoa under some cold water.
- Add to a saucepan with 1 cup of stock, bring to a boil and then simmer, covered on a low heat, until all stock is absorbed. Turn off heat, but leave to sit for about 10 mins with lid of, the steam will continue to cook the quinoa resulting in quinoa that is light an fluffy. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a frying pan over medium high heat, with some spray oil. Add the onion and chicken and fry until lightly golden. Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Squeeze any excess moisture from the potato and zucchini.
- Add the quinoa to a bowl, along with the chicken, onion, garlic, zucchini and potato. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the egg and egg white and mix thoroughly.
- Add to a greased round quiche type pan and place in the oven. Bake for approx 30 mins, until firm and lightly golden on top/
- Slice and serve with salad or your choice of side.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information:
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.