Chicken, Feta and Strawberry Salad
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa, 1/2 HEb and 1 syn per serving
Original – 1 HEa, 1/2 HEb and 1 syn per serving
be sure to use the remainder of your HEb elsewhere in the day (or you can syn the bread if you prefer)
- 1 cooked grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 8 large strawberries, quartered
- small bunch of red seedless grapes
- quarter of a cucumber, chopped
- half a romaine lettuce, roughly shredded
- half a small radicchio lettuce, roughly shredded
- half a red onion, thinly sliced
- 90g of Feta Cheese, cubed (2xHEa’s)
- 60g of wholemeal bread (1xHEb)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Frylight or Pam spray
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup of raspberries (1 syn, because they are blended)
- 1 tsp of honey (1 syn)
- 1/3 cup of raspberry vinegar (or use a red wine vinegar if you cant get this)
- a little salt and black pepper
Preheat an oven to 200c or 400f
Lightly toast the bread, then spray with some Frylight or Pam spray place on a baking sheet. Cut the garlic clove in half and rub this all over the bread. Then roughly chop bread into crouton sizes. Place in the oven and bake until golden all over and crisp.
Cut you garlic clove in half
Mix together the two types of lettuce with the cucumber and red onion. Divide this among two plates.
Top each plate with the strawberries, grapes, chicken, feta and croutons.
Blend all the dressing ingredients together with a hand blender and drizzle over the salad.