Cheddar and Spring Onion Mash
Slimming Eats Recipe
Green – 1 HEa per serving
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving
- 800g/28oz of potatoes, peeled and cubed – pick a waxy larger variety
- chicken or vegetable stock (broth)
- salt and black pepper
- 120g/4.5oz of cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 spring onions sliced
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan
- Just cover with stock
- Bring to a boil and simmer until soft
- Drain, but reserve stock.
- Using a potato ricer or masher, mash the potatoes.
- Add a little bit of the reserved stock at a time, until you have a nice smooth mashed potato
- Mix in the spring onion and cheddar till well combined
- Season with salt and black pepper.
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.