Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
Green – 1 syn per serving
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 1 tin of chick peas, drained
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, skinned and deseeded, then roughly chopped
- 1 cup (240ml) of passata
- 1 cup (240ml) of vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 2 teaspoons of coriander
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of amchoor powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of dried mint
- juice from a lemon
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil (6 syns)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- fresh coriander to serve
- fat free natural yoghurt
Heat a large saucepan over a medium high heat, add the olive oil and then fry the onion, celery, carrots, courgette, garlic and ginger until softened.
Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric, chilli, tomatoes and passata and stir to evenly coat all the vegetables.
Add the chickpeas and stock and bring to a boil, simmer covered for 15mins, until stock reduces down.
Add the garam masala, amchoor powder, mint and a little juice from a fresh lemon, simmer for another 15 mins, season with salt and black pepper as required and
Serve topped with a little natural yoghurt and fresh coriander.
If you prefer the dish hotter, you can add some fresh chilli’s.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: