This stuffing mix is delicious, it can be rolled into balls or just all put into one dish and baked, great served with any roast dinner and smothered in my Syn Free Gravy
This recipe is dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1.5 syns per serving
NOTE: syns will vary depending on sausage used.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- handful of fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 200g (7oz) of sausage, removed from casing (3.5 syns)
- ½ cup of bulgur wheat (some bulgur wheat you just have to soak not cook
- ½ small apple, peeled grated (2 syns)
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- Add bulgur wheat to a saucepan with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover with lid. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed, remove from heat, then leave with lid on so steam underneath continues to cook it. Allow too cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, season well and mix together thoroughly.
- Form roughly into balls (the mixture will be quite loose, but will keep together once cooked). Or if you prefer place it all in an oven proof dish.
- Place the stuffing balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and spray over the top with spray oil.
- Place in the oven and bake until lightly golden and cooked through, approx 30-40 mins
- They are great served with any roast dinner.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy.