I love this breakfast skillet, it’s a great filling breakfast that saves your Healthy Extra B choice for later in the day.
This dish is really versatile, you can add any veg you like for variation. Vegetarians can omit the bacon and sausage and add a vegetarian alternative. You can also do a scrambled egg type mixture, instead of the fried eggs on top. To do this, once your veggies etc are cooked to liking add your eggs whisked and continue to stir until cooked.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 0.5 syn and 1 HEa per serving (if you use the cheese)
Green/Vegetarian – 0.5 syn and 1 HEa per serving (if you use the cheese) – omit bacon and use a vegetarian sausage
Original/SP friendly – 0.5 syn and 1 HEa per serving (if you use the cheese) – sub potato with butternut squash
Paleo/Whole30/Dairy Free – omit cheese
NOTE: the syn value of the sausages will vary depending on what ones you use
- 2 small potatoes (approx 200g/7oz)(I used yukon golds), peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- half a red pepper, chopped
- half a green pepper, chopped
- 4 sausages (1 syn) - (can use a gluten free variety)
- sliced into bitesize pieces,
- 2 slices of lean bacon, chopped up
- 4 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- fresh parsley
- salt and black pepper
- spray oil
- optional: 60g (2oz) of cheddar, grated (2 HEa)
- Preheat Oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Spray a skillet with some spray oil.
- Add the bacon and sausages and fry until light browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Wipe the skillet clean and spray with some more spray oil. Add the cubes of potato and fry until lightly golden all over and fork tender.
- Add the peppers, onions and mushrooms and continue to fry for approx 5 mins.
- Return the sausage and bacon back to the pan and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- At this point you can add your cheddar if using, and then crack on top the eggs.
- Place in the oven and bake until your eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper and top with some Parsley.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.