This breakfast layered quiche makes a delicious and filling breakfast, it is packed with protein and can be served hot or cold.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, paleo, Whole30, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – syn free per serving
Original/SP – syn free per serving (substitute the sweet potato for butternut squash)
Green/Vegetarian – use broken up veggie sausages
- 500g of extra lean ground pork, chicken or turkey or broken up veggie sausages
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp of sage
- 1.5 tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of garlic powder
- ½ tsp of onion powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup (240ml of grated sweet potato (or sub for butternut squash)
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 4-5 cups of chopped kale (or other leafy greens, spinach works well too)
- 120ml (1/2 cup) of passata
- 120ml (1/2 cup) of chicken stock
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 8 eggs
- I make all the filling the night before, then all you need to do is pour on the eggs in the morning and place in the oven.
- Add the ground pork, chicken or turkey and onion to a frying pan and fry until browned and onion is softened.
- Add the sage, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the sweet potato until all is combined. Then add this to an oven proof dish.
- Add the peppers, kale, passata, stock and splash of balsamic vinegar to the pan and heat gently until veg is slightly softened. If you find it dries too much, just add a little more passata and stock, but don't make the mixture too wet, you just want the peppers and kale, lightly covered in a tomato sauce.
- Add this to the oven proof dish, over the pork mixture.
- Once ready to cook the quiche, preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Whisk eggs, season well with salt and black pepper and pour over the layers in the oven proof dish.
- Place in the oven and bake until egg mixture has set on top and is golden, approx 40 mins.
- Slice and serve
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Click here to come and join the - Slimming Eats Facebook group
where you can ask any questions on recipes, get the links to new recipes as they get posted to the blog, daily meal ideas, support and advice.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for 500+ more recipes for you to browse through.
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.