This is a great dish to serve for breakfast or lunch. The baked egg and ham pairs up really well with the balsamic tomatoes and crispy toasts.
Use the crispy toasts, to scoop up bits of egg and ham with the tomatoes. Delicious!!
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo, Slimming World (SP) and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEb per serving
Original – 1 HEb per serving
Gluten free/Paleo – omit bread
- for the baked ham and egg:
- 2 eggs
- 4 thin slices of ham
- salt and black pepper
- for the balsamic tomatoes:
- 3 vine tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp of tomato paste
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- 2 handful of spinach
- spray oil
- salt and black pepper
- for the crispy toast:
- 120g (4oz) of wholewheat bread (2xHEb's)
- spray oil
- For the baked ham and egg:
- Preheat oven to 180c or 350f (gas mark 4)
- Get two ramkin dishes and add twice slices of ham to each one, pushing it down so that it acts like a kind of cup.
- Crack an egg into each dish, place the ramkin's in a baking dish filled with a little bit off water
- Baked in the oven till egg is cooked to your liking (approx 15-20 mins)
- For the balsamic tomatoes:
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with spray oil and add the onion, frying for a few mins to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste, reduce heat a little and stir until tomatoes start to break down into a sauce.
- Add the splash of balsamic vinegar and a little bit of water. Simmer for a few more mins, and then stir in the spinach.
- For the crispy toast:
- Toast you slices of bread lightly in the toaster, you want it still a bit soft, as it will toast more in the oven.
- Cut in half diagonally and then using a bread knife, slice through each slice inbetween the toasted outside, so that you have very thin slices of toast.
- Spray a baking try with some spray oil and place your bread on the tray (soft side down) then spray over the top of the bread, place in the oven and bake until crisp. Keep an eye on them though as they brown quickly.
- Serve the toast with the baked egg and ham and balsamic tomatoes.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx. nutritional information (using calorie count recipe analysis)
Approx. NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.