This recipe is gluten free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving and 0.5 syns per serving
NOTE: syn values in low fat cream cheese vary, so be sure to check the value of the one you use.
- 200g/7oz of rotini pasta (can use gluten free)
- 200g/7oz of mushrooms sliced
- 300g/10.5oz of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 slices of lean bacon, chopped
- 2 cups (480ml) of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (1.5 syns)
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
- 60g/2oz of mature cheddar (2xHEa’s)
- 90g/3oz of mozzarella (2xHEa)
- 1 tsp of wholegrain mustard (0.5 syns)
- 2 tablespoon of low fat cream cheese (2 syn)
- fresh chopped Italian parsley
- Spray oil
- Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some spray oil, add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook until slightly golden.
- Add the fennel, mushrooms and a little bit of the stock and cook until that stock reduces down and the mushrooms become golden.
- Add the remaining stock, mustard and mix the cornstarch with a little cold water until you have a paste and add this into the mix.
- Reduce heat and simmer for approx 15mins, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted and sauce becomes creamy.
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Add the bacon, fennel and mushrooms mix to an oven proof dish along with the pasta and mix well.
- Season with black pepper.
- Top with the cheese
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted on top and lightly golden. (approx 30 mins)
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped Italian parsley
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information:
Approx NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of the Reader to assure the products or ingredients they use in any recipes from Slimming Eats are allergen-free (gluten-free, egg-free and/or dairy-free, for example) or Vegetarian friendly. Slimming Eats assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatement about products, opinions or comments on this site.
Nutritional information is an estimate and is to be used for informational purposes only
Looking for some additional support on your weight loss journey? Did you know Slimming Eats has a friendly Slimming World Facebook Support Group where you can get daily meal ideas and recipe ideas? Come and check us out, we’d love to have you join.
Looking for some other recipes? Head on over to my RECIPE INDEX for over 850 Slimming World & Weight Watchers recipes for you to browse through, all fully searchable by meal type, Ingredients, syn value and WW Smart Points etc
DID YOU ? I'D TO SEE IT!THIS
Snap a photo and hashtag #slimmingeats or tag me @slimmingeats on INSTAGRAM
Are you on facebook? Then be sure to come and like me on FACEBOOK
All images and content on Slimming Eats are copyright protected.
If you wish to share this recipe, then please do so by using the share buttons provided. Do not screenshot or post recipe or content in full.