Bacon, Fennel and Mushroom Pasta Bake
Slimming Eats Recipe
Extra Easy – 1 HEa per serving and 0.5 syns per serving
- 160g of whole wheat macaroni pasta (or use any type of pasta of your choice)
- 200g of mushrooms sliced
- 300g of fennel, sliced (approx half a large fennel)
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 5 slices of lean bacon, chopped
- 300ml of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch (1.5 syns)
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
- 60g of mature cheddar (2xHEa’s)
- 45g of part skimmed mozzarella (1 HEa)
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- fresh parsley
- Frylight or Pam spray
Cook your pasta as per packet instructions to al dente, drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 200c or 400f (gas mark 6)
Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some Frylight or Pam spray, add the onion, garlic and bacon and cook until slightly golden. Then add the fennel, mushrooms and a little bit of the stock and cook until softened.
Season with some salt and black pepper.
Add a little zest and juice of a lemon and some fresh chopped parsley.
Add the remaining stock, and mix the cornstarch with a little cold water until you have a paste and add this into the mix.
Reduce heat and simmer for a couple of mins until stock thickens slightly.
Add to an oven proof dish along with the pasta and mix well.
Top with your cheese
Bake in the oven until cheese is melted on top and lightly golden.
The recipe above has been calculated for Slimming World, however for those of you following the Weight Watchers plan or another calorie controlled type diet. Below is the approx nutritional information: